[birding] Fwd: Multi Owl melody Silverton Hills

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Thu Oct 1 08:02:42 PDT 2015

Sounds like a brave (or foolhardy?) Western Screech-Owl! I've only heard
one keep going once while a Great Horned Owl was hooting nearby. - Joel

Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2015 21:29:03 -0700
Subject: [obol] Multi Owl melody Silverton Hills
From: roger freeman <carrotguy55 at gmail.com>

Stepped outside about 915 pm this evening to listen to the night, and
had a
GREAT HORNED OWL calling not too far to our north while simultaneously a
WESTERN SCREECH-OWL was calling from below our house in the yard.   I'm
sure the WSO could hear the GHO, but not sure about the reverse.

Can't recall hearing both calling at the same time before. Went all
summer without a "hoot" but calling has become almost a nightly
occurrence this past month.

Roger Freeman
East of Silverton, OR.