[birding] Fwd: Late report of Ferruginous Hawk in Peoria 27 Sep

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Thu Oct 1 07:42:59 PDT 2015

Hi all,

According to this morning's "daily alert" from eBird, a FERRUGINOUS HAWK
was seen and photographed in Peoria on 27 Sep.

I suppose it could still be somewhere in the mid-Willamette Valley, so
good to keep your eyes open especially in open habitats. We usually get
one or two in the region per year, and sometimes they stick around.

Also in the report was a WHITE-THROATED SPARROW in Peoria 30 Sep, to add
to the smattering of early arrivals that have been noted elsewhere.