[birding] PPP shorebirds

Pam Otley pamo1954 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 19:45:35 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I stopped in at Philomath ponds around 2pm today. Many ducks and  coots on
the wind-whipped waters. There was an actual swell in the north/south
oriented ponds with mini-waves breaking on the north shore. Quite a sight!

In the nw pond, se corner, I saw 2 LB dowitchers, 2 pectoral sps, 1 least
sp, 2 dunlin, and heard greater yellowlegs. There were several other groups
of shorebirds flying around the ponds but I did not get a good look at them.

Other birds of note: bald eagle, 5 horned grebe, 2 canvasbacks, gadwall, 1
that I picked out of the mass of ducks.

Happy birding!

Pam Otley
Corvallis