[birding] Mockingbird near West Albany High School

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Thu Oct 16 12:59:25 PDT 2014

Hi all,

As Becky and I were driving past West Albany High School this morning to
pick up some personal belongings of a relative who died this week, I saw
a NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD come flying over Queen Blvd, at the east end of
the campus. It continued north into the residential neighborhood.

There must have been a fire drill going on at the time (around 10 AM),
as all of the kids were standing out in the parking lot. Interestingly
there is a house with a several small palm trees (and a banana tree?)
along this street, so it felt a bit like the Sacramento Valley.

Word from Alan Contereas via OBOL is that a mockingbird has returned to
Alvadore (near Fern Ridge Reservoir in Lane Co.) for the fourth winter
in a row.