[birding] Fwd: Grackle at Ankeny

Don Boucher bouchdon at peak.org
Mon Jun 16 19:12:14 PDT 2014

See
photos:https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mid-valley-nature/i_HOcQ7rPa4/179YnQvUrz8J

On 6/16/2014 6:52 PM, Ted - Gmail wrote:
Don,

Here are better photo examples.  I was at the pull off on the north side
of Ankeny last evening (6-15).  I don't know what road that is.  It is
the pull off with a shelter and two driveways a little east of the rail
tracks.  There are usually a lot of herons there, and last week, a great
egret.

I took the photo as an after thought after the last heron flew away.  I
didn't recognize it as the other blackbirds I know of.  I snapped a
photo to check it out at home.  That is when I got a bit confused. I
took photos of grackles in AZ in April and thought they must have a
relative in this area that I wasn't aware of.

Anyway, you can share these wherever you wish and my email as well if
anyone wants to contact me.

Ted Werth