[birding] RE: [obol] Finley Banded White-Breasted Nuthatch

Molly Monroe monroemolly at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 10 22:29:55 PDT 2013

Hi John,
Great photo! I work at Finley and yes, we do band songbirds there. I work with USGS at a MAPS station on Pigeon Butte where we have seen an increasing number of WB Nuthatches after oak restoration efforts. This bird was banded near the office at a demo we did for a group of visiting biology students from Purdue University, a few of which were from Sweden. The pair is often at the feeder, they likely nest in the oaks next to the office with the Acorn Woodpeckers. I saw a few juvs with them at the feeder last summer.
Thanks,
Molly~

 _
( '<
/ ) )
//"   'It is in the wild places, where the edge of the earth meets the corners of the sky, the human spirit is fed.'
~Art Wolfe