[birding] Minto Brown Island City Park, Jun 29, 2013

Tim Johnson tim.the.fisherman at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 16:09:43 PDT 2013

Hi all,

Barbara and I were joined by Ray Temple and Staphanie Hazen on this early
morning bird walk at Minto-Brown Island Park, south of downtown Salem.  We
walked the southeastern portion of the park with a particular interest in
finding warblers and flycatchers.  We were fortunate to find three
first-of-year flycatchers for the park for us: Hammond's, Pacific-sloped
and Willow Flycatchers.  We also found lots of warblers including
Orange-Crowned (9), Yellow (1) and Wilson's (3) Warblers and Common
Yellowthroat (14). Our bonus bird was a FOY Cassin's Vireo.  A complete
list of today's birds is included below.

Tim Johnson
Salem, OR

=====================================

Minto-Brown Island City Park, Marion, US-OR
Jun 29, 2013 6:31 AM - 11:30 AM
Protocol: Traveling
3 mile(s)

42 species

Wood Duck  3
Mallard  1
Great Blue Heron  4
Turkey Vulture  1
Osprey  4  (two adults and two chicks on nest near parking lot #3)Northern
Harrier  2
Sharp-shinned Hawk  1
Cooper's Hawk  1
Bald Eagle  1
Anna's Hummingbird  3
Red-breasted Sapsucker  2
Downy Woodpecker  1
Northern Flicker  3
Western Wood-Pewee  4
Willow Flycatcher  1              Heard song
Hammond's Flycatcher  1     Heard first part of song
Pacific-slope Flycatcher  1    Heard call
Warbling Vireo  2
Steller's Jay  5
Western Scrub-Jay  3
American Crow  12