[birding] Indigo Bunting continues

Christopher Adlam adlam.c at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 17:53:00 PDT 2013

Hi all,

The Indigo Bunting that showed up virtually on my doorstep on Sunday continues to be seen, by me if not by several others who have tried, unfortunately!

It is quite vocal, which really helps to locate it as it moves around quite a bit, sticking to the oaks and fence lines.

Will Wright tried to find it this morning, and although it was heard in the distance, it didn't show itself. About a half hour after he left it was perched up on a wire 30m away from my front door, singing. Bad luck!

Also, Linda Fink informed me that her neighbors on Grand Ronde Rd had a male Indigo Bunting just a few weeks ago. It might be the same bird.

Feel free to contact me if you want to take your chances with it!

Chris Adlam