[birding] fledglings

Jim and Karan Fairchild alderspr at peak.org
Tue Jun 25 13:30:25 PDT 2013

Hi-

 I'm getting into this thread kind of late, but we've had lots of different
fledglings around.  Towhees, juncos, song sparrows, robins, rufous hummers
are around the yard, pacific wrens, brown creepers and others are in the
woods.  The most obvious ones right now are the ravens.  Over the weekend,
Jim saw the parents foraging in our sweet cherry tree and then flying back
into the woods to feed the yelling babies.  He saw 4 ravens at once- so at
least two young and their parents, or maybe 3 young and 1 parent?  The kids
were screaming in the woods when I got home yesterday- really raucous and
loud!

Karan Fairchild
6 mi SW of Philomath, Benton Co.