[birding] Fwd: Indigo Bunting south of Willamina

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Mon Jun 24 17:40:57 PDT 2013

[I don't think this made it to the mid-valley birding list. Sawtell Rd. is
in northern Polk Co. a few miles south of Willamina, near where Hwy 22 and
Hwy 18 come together. -- joel]

Re: [obol] Polk Co. INDIGO BUNTING
From: Christopher Adlam <adlam.c at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 10:44:51 -0700

Hi folks,

Yesterday (Sunday) I discovered an INDIGO BUNTING flitting about and
singing outside my home on Sawtell Rd, NW Polk county. I had heard the
unfamiliar song in the early afternoon and shrugged it off (unusual for me,
lesson learned!). After calling a few folks, Paul Sullivan and Carol Karlen
were able to get there in time to see it. I just got to a place with
internet access but I gather Doug Robinson (who is out there looking for it
as I write) spread the word for me.

I will let folks know if the bird sticks around. Feel free to contact me
for directions. Birders always welcome, Indigo Bunting or not!

Chris Adlam