[birding] Bicycle Birding this Sunday

Don Boucher bouchdon at peak.org
Wed Jun 19 22:13:00 PDT 2013

Sunday, June 23: Bicycle Birding
9am-noon
Willamette Park/Kendall Natural Area---Corvallis
Meet at the Crystal Lake Sports Fields/boat landing parking area at 1199
SE Fischer Ln. (map:http://goo.gl/maps/GgJMy <http://goo.gl/maps/GgJMy>)
Trip is free. Bring a bicycle helmet, water and binoculars. There's a
chance of rain Sunday; if so, bring rain gear and expect some mud on the
paths.

As always, we won't be getting much exercise; we ride slowly, listen for
birds and stop frequently. About 5 miles.

The area has a wide variety of bird habitats like forests, river and
fields. Ospreys, occasional Bald Eagles, Green Herons, Spotted
Sandpipers and Wood Ducks may be seen around the river. Cottonwood
forests are good for birds like Yellow Warblers and Warbling Vireos.
Swainson's Thrushes will be singing along with other common forest species.

Sponsored by the Audubon Society of Corvallis
http://www.audubon.corvallis.or.us/field_trips.shtml

--
Don Boucher