[birding] News on LSNA work parties plus Hwy 99W repaving project near E.E. Wilson

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Tue Jun 11 10:57:21 PDT 2013

Hi all,

A couple of news items:

1. LSNA VOLUNTEER WORK PARTIES are on hold, starting today (Tuesday).

My schedule this week is a little too chaotic to keep doing these on the
regular 3-5 PM schedule. I'll probably get out there to work a few times
this week, but times will be more random. If you're on the list of
regular volunteers, I'll keep you informed by e-mail.

Starting next week I'll try to come up with some sort of schedule to
post at the beginning of each week.

2. REPAVING ON HWY 99W

Just in case anyone is planning on birding at E.E. Wilson Wildlife Area,
or using Hwy 99W to get between birding sites and home ...

A repaving project is now going on the stretch of Hwy 99W north of Adair
Village, so traffic is down to one lane, and I'm seeing long lines of
cars go by in one direction at a time. Not sure how long it's going to
take but I'm guessing it will take several days at least. The
Corvallis-Independence Hwy is a good alternate route.