[birding] whimbrel

Linda Hadfield hadfield2 at comcast.net
Thu Jun 6 20:09:43 PDT 2013

I'm quite sure we saw a pair of whimbrel on the sandy beach west of Sandpiper Village north of Waldport. We never saw them together, but the two were in close proximity. We were surprised how close we could get to them. We never saw them fly, even though a black Labrador was on their trail for a bit. Long down-curved bill, gray legs, speckled gray–brown. I have some pictures taken on my phone, but poor quality. Wish we'd taken a good camera on our beach walk.

Linda & Earl