[birding] Fwd: Bobolink count at Malheur this Saturday

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Wed Jun 5 15:30:13 PDT 2013

This looks like a fun volunteer opp (possibly even more fun than pulling
weeds). Please respond to Alice Elshoff if interested.

Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 16:46:55 -0700
From: Gary Ivey <gary.l.ivey at gmail.com>
Subject: [COBOL] Bobolink count help needed at Malheur this Saturday

The Friends of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, in cooperation with
Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, will conduct a Bobolink bird count on
Saturday, June 8.

Bobolink Birdcount Details

We need about 12 people on the  morning of Saturday,  June 8, to
complete a count of Bobolinks on Malheur National Wildlife Refuge.
Bobolinks are very handsome birds, easy to identify, and  Malheur is the
westernmost edge of their nesting territory.

Folks who  would like to help will be allowed to camp at the P Ranch
(tents or dry-camping RVs), something  that is not available to the
public. One doesn't need to be an expert  birder, so anyone who would
like to help with this delightful endeavor,  Board members included,
need to let me know right away so we can plan the routes.

We will gather at 7 am at P Ranch and the count will start from there.
At 12 noon there will be a complementary lunch, and at 1 pm the Friends
of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge annual meeting begins--you are
welcome to attend.

Please RSVP right away so we can plan the routes or get more details
atcalice58 at gmail.com
<https://webmail.my180.net/webmail/src/compose.php?send_to=calice58%
40gmail.com>
or 541 389-3543.
We hope you can join us and help with the Bobolink count.  Won't you
please forward this to your bird-loving friends to see if they would
like to help?  Thanks!!

Sincerely,
Alice Elshoff, Vice President
Friends of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge