[birding] Ankeny, Pintail and Eagle marshes.

R. Adney Jr. rfadney at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 2 20:36:14 PDT 2013

A walk around Frog pond today allowed us photo ops for a pair of Wood Ducks sunning and preening on the log, lots of Cedar Waxwings, Barn Swallows, Tree Swallows and a couple of Violet Green Swallows.  One Western Bluebird.   We didn't find any Purple Martins :-( but we found a life bird male Yellow Warbler in the Near East snags.  Plenty of Red Wing and Brewer's Blackbirds as well as one pair of Northern Shovelers.  Oh yes, and European Starlings.....

At Eagle Marsh, the highlight for us was a life bird Black Phoebe!  I got a couple nice shots of it.  It kept coming back to the kiosk and posing nicely!  We could hear a Yellow Headed Blackbird but couldn't locate it.  Other than that just a few Canada Geese (some with chicks) one Pie Billed Grebe and a whole two Mallards.  We moved on over to Talbot Road and shot pics of a very cooperative pair of Osprey.  All in all a great day to bird!

Rich Adney

http://avianpics.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adneyvisualarts/
http://www.oregonimages.net