[birding] Salem Audubon Field Trip to Ankeny NWR, Wednesday, August 7

Jon oregon5949 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 12:03:28 PDT 2013

Tim, why not note which birds are actually seen, and which are only heard?

This would offer some interesting, useful ratios, and add a bit of
scientific process to your counting.

For example, you have 11 Common Yellowthroat counted.  How many did
you see of the eleven?  How many did you hear, and then see?  How many
did you only hear?  That, would be useful information.  Lumping things
together, in my opinion, dilutes the value of the information.

List readers might appreciate knowing where the 11 Common
Yellowthroats were encountered.  I would...and, how many of them were
actually seen would be useful information as well.

Thanks.

Jon Hazen
NE Salem

///