[birding] Purple Martin in Dunn Forest + Violet-green Swallows massing

Molly Monroe monroemolly at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 6 09:44:45 PDT 2013

Hi Joel,

These nests have been very successful in recent years with more birds showing up to use them each year. Joan Hagar, with USGS, has been banding martins both here and at Fern Ridge and was able to read one of the bands on the Tampico birds. Turns out it came from a nest at Fern Ridge. Great to see some new recruits to the area!

If anyone is willing and able to read a band on any of the martins in Dunn Forest, she would be very happy to know about it. Might be getting too late in the season to see perched birds for band reading, the numbers are very small but it sounds like they are still hanging around the nests.

Thanks,

Molly~

 _
( '<
/ ) )
//"   'It is in the wild places, where the edge of the earth meets the corners of the sky, the human spirit is fed.'
~Art Wolfe