[birding] Fwd: [COBOL] Work Crew for Habitat Improvement Needed

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Sat Aug 3 07:38:13 PDT 2013

Hi all,

For anyone who was looking for an excuse to get out of the Willamette
valley and do some birding in Santiam Pass and along the east slope of
the Cascades, here's a volunteer opportunity being organized by Tom
Crabtree with East Cascades Audubon Society. This also should be a great
chance to meet some Central Oregon birders, a great bunch who are always
glad to share tips on where to look for Green-tailed Towhees,
Black-backed Woodpeckers, White-headed Woodpeckers, etc.

If you've joined the work parties to pull weeds at Luckiamute State
Natural Area, you can guess what sort of footwear I'd recommend.

Happy volunteering,
Joel