[birding] Mountain Chickadee, nw Corvallis

Jamie S. woodpecker97330 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 10:54:55 PST 2012

An Election Day surprise: a Mountain Chickadee was visiting my backyard feeder in nw Corvallis this morning before I left for work.

I can't offer a blanket invitation as the rest of my family would not be happy with lots of visitors, but I will entertain the idea of a couple of people going to look.  The feeder is not visible from the street nor anywhere in our front yard.  If anyone is chomping at the bit to see this bird (county listers?), reply to me and I'll see what I can do.  Include your number and I may be able to call you.  The chickadees in the area roam a lot and they don't linger on the feeder--they grab a seed and fly to an unseen perch before returning--so no lingering views and you could sit for a while.

Jamie Simmons
Corvallis