[birding] Benton American Redstart

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Sat Jun 9 13:13:53 PDT 2012

Well, then definitely not what I heard or even the same place ... I
didn't get a good count of the syllables but it was at least 6. Maybe a
badly heard Wilson's Warbler after all!

I'll give it another try tomorrow AM after the in-laws depart. There's a
line of riparian vegetation along sort of a ditch that flows from south
to north, just west of that big gravel turnout with the  check station.
Another way to access it is to walk straight south of HQ (past the blue
house) and then turn left just past the fenced, "closed-to-public" area
and follow that all the way to a soggy patch of woods with a secluded
pond on the south side.