[birding] Finley Raptors

Molly Monroe monroemolly at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 30 09:09:42 PDT 2009

They are out in full force taking advantage of last week's prescribed burns. Driving out yesterday afternoon, I saw over a dozen in the entrance field, including several perched in the snag out in the middle. Mostly Harriers and Red-Tailed Hawks, with at least three Red-Shouldered Hawks out in the open as well. One was perched on a post in the pasture at the strawberry farm. Nice to have such a good viewing opportunity of them since they're usually pretty secretive in the riparian.

White-Tailed Kite count was up to 5 yesterday out on the prairie.

 _
( '<
/ ) )
//"Endangered species are sensitive indicators of how we are treating the planet and we should be listening carefully to their message

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me