[birding] Fall arrivals

howard bruner hbrunerh at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 17 10:32:30 PDT 2009

I saw my first Townsend’s warbler yesterday in my Corvallis yard and heard the first fall y-r warbler on my morning bike.  Cedar waxwings are massing in the tops of any tall trees around the chokecherry in my neighbors yard.

Last night I listened for a short time at 11 PM for Swainson’s thrush calls and heard zero. But this morning at 6 there were abundant calls over NW Corvallis and calls indicated that the thrush were dropping into the neighborhood for the day.