[birding] Acorn Woodpeckers

Molly Monroe monroemolly at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 15 12:49:43 PDT 2009

Our new office is providing fun views of the local Acorn Woodpeckers. Seems like just about every day around this time they are perched on the snags in the pond behind the office flycatching. Today there are 4 and it's so fun to watch their white patches on their wings as they fly between snags with a loopdeloop in between as they grab their bug. Haven't figured out what they're after, dragonflies maybe? To view the pond, go just past the front entrance to the building and look from the pavement.
Molly~
 _
( '<
/ ) )
//"Endangered species are sensitive indicators of how we are treating the planet and we should be listening carefully to their message

 EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me