[birding] Cute overload: Yellowthroat bath video

Don Boucher bouchdon at peak.org
Fri Sep 11 09:25:05 PDT 2009

Lisa and watched this at our visit to Muddy Creek yesterday. A male Common Yellowthroat is quite excited about his bath. When we first heard the chirping, we thought he was upset at a predator or intruder in his territory. Then Lisa noticed him taking a bath and grabbed the camera. He was having fun! He went back and forth to the water several times. Yellowthroats are shy and a challenging to get pictures of. This edited video doesn't show the 7-minute duration of the entire bath.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCnZvt-ucJo

Don Boucher
Corvallis, OR
www.Neighborhood-Naturalist.com