[birding] Orange Bishop

Jarod Jebousek jboosk at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 10 14:09:19 PDT 2009

Nate Richarson and I saw an Orange Bishop today on Llewellyn Road just east of Muddy Creek.  I should have a few pictures ready to go tonight if anyone is interested.  It was perching on ash trees, shrubs and fences on both sides of the road near the corral and barn.  While I was getting the camera, Nate observed it catching insects and thinks he may have heard another one.  Likely being someone's pet, I was suprised that it would flush if we approached within 40 feet.  Dazzling little bugger.

-jarod