[birding] Indigo Bunting still at EE Wilson Wildlife Area

Snetsinger, Thomas - FW Thomas.Snetsinger at oregonstate.edu
Wed Sep 9 17:01:28 PDT 2009

Hi Jamie and others who are seeking the bunting,
For what it is worth. In my visit, the bird popped up in the group of trees 30 m north of where the cattails crossed the fence after about an hour. It was relatively low on the far right side. I watched it for about 5 minutes where it stayed very sendentary. Then it flew (and I was shocked to see it had almost no tail--that part had been blocked by vegetation when perched) southeast into one of the willows on the east side of the cattails. I stuck around for another 20 minutes, but it never reappeared.
Good luck,
Tom