[birding] Urban residential bicycle birding

Don Boucher bouchdon at peak.org
Sun Feb 1 12:37:33 PST 2009

2-1-09: Corvallis

I spent the morning on a few bike errands and brought the binoculars. At HPs Stewart Lake the most numerous by far duck was the Northern Shoveler. There were other common waterfowl, a few Canvasbacks, a Bufflehead and a couple Lesser Scaups. On Conifer & Lancaster (NE side of town) I saw a small flock of Western Bluebirds. Many Yellow-rumped Warblers wherever I went. On the NW part of Walnut Blvd. there was an extended flock of about 50 Bushtits. At the Benton Co. Fairgrounds the resident Acorn Woodpeckers were active. Near 53rd and Philomath Blvd I saw a few more bluebirds. It was a nice crisp morning with active birds.

Don Boucher
Corvallis, OR
www.Neighborhood-Naturalist.com