[birding] Server is back up

Jim Norton jimnorton at jimnorton.org
Sat Sep 27 12:06:37 PDT 2008

Well folks. Some of you have noticed that the list server has been
down. It should be back up now.

A couple things happened:

1- The server was unexpectedly put onto a different, faster, network
connection and the IP address changed. The folks who co-host my
servers somehow couldn't reach me to let me know this was going to
happen. This meant that the server was unreachable because everything
including DNS was configured for the old IP address.

2- The power supply on the server was becoming faulty. So I actually
upgraded the hardware.

This means that the server is faster and on a faster network.

Sorry for the downtime though...

Jim Norton

"The starting point of all achievement is desire. Keep this
constantly in mind. Weak desires bring weak results, just as
a small amount of fire makes a small amount of heat." - Napoleon Hill