[birding] Willamette Park Black Phoebe

Daniel Battaglia skylarkguy at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 20 12:41:36 PDT 2008

My wife and I birded around Willamette Park this morning for a couple hours.  We had a BLACK PHOEBE at the pump house for the water treatment plant.  The bird was active, landing down in willows near the water as well as periodically perching on the infrastructure.  We also saw a black phoebe 1/4 mile farther south on the trail, it was perching in a maple and then flew down towards the water.  We were unable to verify it as a second bird, but the original was still at the pump house on the way back to the parking lot at 11 AM.

Daniel Battaglia
Corvallis, OR