[birding] no B-T Sparrow

rich armstrong richarmstrong at comcast.net
Mon Sep 15 20:08:06 PDT 2008

1. paula, marcia, nanette, & i walked the cabell lake road from about 615-730 - no black throated sparrow.
2. there were 5 WHITE PELICAN on lake.
3. there were 5 GREAT EGRETS
4. at least 2 probably 3 GREAT-HORNED OWLS serenaded us from the east side.
5. 1 FOX, 10+ WHITE-THROATED along with the usual song sparrows.
6. 2 empidonax flycatchers - based on very little eye ring and al orange lower mandible i suspect normal willow flycatchers - but no sounds and short looks.
7. lots of goldfinches and still heard a couple yellow-throats.
8. a "flock" of about 50 RAVENS flew over heading west.
Rich Armstrong
541-753-1978