[birding] Lewis' woodpecker 9/3 @ Stewart Lake

Jamie S. woodpecker97330 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 13:18:18 PDT 2008

George Weaver, Jim Anderson, and I observed a LEWIS' WOODPECKER today at about 12:40 p.m. at Stewart Lake (HP) in Corvallis.  It was on a shorter snag on the east side of the lake as observed from the west side.  2 northern flickers interacted mildly with it there.  Last seen, it flew to the west side, possibly into one of the 2 large oaks closest to the south end of the lake.  (It's conceivable that it kept on going and left the area; we didn't try hard to relocate it.)

Jamie Simmons
715-1877