[birding] Tangent TV party

Cheryl Whelchel dirtgirl16cr125 at MSN.COM
Mon Sep 1 17:46:23 PDT 2008

I took the back way from Tangent to Corvallis on Tangent Dr today at about 1:45.  In a 2 mile stretch I counted to 50 Turkey Vultures before I gave up.  By the time I got to Peoria Rd., I would estimate there were at least 100 TV's flying and on the ground.

On my return trip, at 4:45, I counted 54.  It was quite a sight.  I also saw my first immature TV, which I did get a picture of.

Is this a sign of fall, or simply really good dead stuff in Tangent?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vgswallow16/<http://www.flickr.com/photos/vgswallow16/>

Cheryl Whelchel
Tangent