[birding] Peoria Pyrrhuloxia

Snetsinger, Thomas Thomas.Snetsinger at oregonstate.edu
Wed Nov 12 13:48:37 PST 2008

Randy,
GREAT FIND! Thanks for finding and getting the word out about the Pyrrhuloxia! I left Peoria around 115 pm and the bird was last seen probably 30 minutes before that. There were a half dozen birders combing the area when I left, and hopefully they, and those that follow, will be able to relocate the bird. In a careful binocular study from 15', I could see no signs of the wear one might expect to see from a formerly-caged bird. There was a little red in the tail, primaries, and crest (most obvious in the tail when it flared it). The bill struck me as duskier-colored bill than I expected, suggesting, I think, a young bird.
Tom Snetsinger