[birding] Re: [obol] Linn Pyrrhuloxia

Rich Hoyer calliope at theriver.com
Wed Nov 12 11:08:40 PST 2008

Hi Randy and All,

Great find! Pyrrhuloxia is not a strongly migratory species, but it is
not sedentary and does wander some. I think there are records of long-
distance vagrants, but to be sure I just posted a question about its
vagrancy pattern to the North American Bird Distribution e-mail list (http://groups.google.com/group/NABirdDist
).

Randy or other visiting birders — please scatter seed in publicly
accessible brush piles! Safflower and sunflower seed would be best.
I'll be arriving in Corvallis in a week from tonight, and it would fun
if the bird were still around.

Good Birding,

Rich
---