[birding] Finley Barred Owls

Molly Monroe monroemolly at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 30 08:01:45 PDT 2008

While up at Pigeon Butte for bird banding last week we heard at least two juvy owls begging. Later that week I got close enough to see an adult fly away but not a good enough look to be 100% sure they are Barreds but that's my guess with the habitat being old oaks and maples. They are on the south side of the butte (NE of the quarry) just in from where we've removed maples from around the big oaks.
Have a good week,
Molly~

 _
( '<
/ ) )
//' To cherish what remains of the earth and to foster its renewal is our only legitimate hope of survival.
-Wendell Berry