[birding] Short-eared Owl w. of Lebanon

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Thu Jun 26 12:17:53 PDT 2008

Hi folks,

This morning, while doing my last set of point counts for the grassland
bird survey, I flushed a SHORT-EARED OWL from the side of Glaser Dr.
about a mile east of Seven Mile Lane (Linn Co., about midway between
Lebanon and Tangent to the NW of Peterson Butte).

I found a few more HORNED LARKS along this stretch than last time (about
a half dozen, counting Blatchford Rd.) and similar numbers of WESTERN
MEADOWLARKS. Still no grassland sparrows other than Savannah Sparrows.

Driving into Tangent for another errand, I happened to see an ACORN
WOODPECKER in a stand of oaks, just east of Hwy 99E on Tangent Dr.