[birding] Brewer's Sparrow in Benton County, 24 June

Douglas Robinson douglas.robinson at oregonstate.edu
Tue Jun 24 21:07:57 PDT 2008

A singing Brewer's Sparrow was present today in the same location where
Randy Moore found one last summer. I believe the road is called Guerber
Road, but it is unmarked. It is the first gravel road north along Hwy 99W
from Finley Rd. The road runs west and dead ends at a grass field. The
sparrow was singing from the fenceline that runs north from that road about
a quarter mile before Guerber dead ends.

Another field mark for that road is a yellow sign along the highway
advertising rabbits and eggs for sale. I imagine the eggs are not laid by
the rabbits.

The first California Gull of the "fall" arrived at Cabell Marsh today, too;
an adult female (probably).

Have fun out there,
Doug