[birding] ASH-THROATED FLYCATCHER still along Tub Run Rd. s. of Brownsville

David Irons llsdirons at msn.com
Fri Jun 13 10:24:50 PDT 2008

The ASH-THROATED FLYCATCHER discovered along Tub Run Rd. several weeks ago, is still present.  The bird is at the 90 degree curve straight north from the intersection of Tub Run and Belts Rd.  This morning I heard and saw the flycatcher calling from the large Oregon Ash tree on the inside of the curve and then it flew across the road to the north and perched in another large tree about 75 yards out into the field.  There were at least two YELLOW-BREASTED CHATS and several WILLOW FLYCATCHERS at this site as well.

Along Belts Rd., I heard and saw several GRASSHOPPER and VESPER SPARROWS, but I could not find any Brewer's Sparrows.

Dave Irons
Eugene