[birding] waxwings

rich armstrong richarmstrong at comcast.net
Thu Jun 12 20:07:38 PDT 2008

i took a 2 hour walk around the aquatic center area this evening. found nothing until i did find a flock of about 20-25 waxwings on 13th just south of walnut. they were eating these grape sized yellow things. i probably looked at every bird 3+ times and they were all cedar, but it was fun trying.
we have regular lesser & american goldfinches and black-headed grosbeaks in yard.
and we have juvenile towhees, rather bizarre looking with lots of streaking.
Rich Armstrong
541-753-1978