[birding] Caspian Tern monitoring

Daniel Battaglia skylarkguy at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 6 08:58:18 PDT 2008

Hello,

As many people know, in conjunction with the Columbia River
Avian Predation Project we are trying to attract Caspian Terns to the new
Island at Fern Ridge.  I’m interested in
finding 1-5 individuals who would be interested in some formal surveys at the
reservoir.  This wouldn’t be a major time
intensive endeavor but simply would be a couple hours spent looking for Terns on
and near the island and documenting all other piscivorous birds in the
area.  We could probably even pay a wage
or provide per diem.  If you are
interested please email me at daniel.battaglia at oregonstate.edu.

Additionally if anyone observes a color banded Caspian Tern,
at Fern Ridge or elsewhere, please report it at http://www.columbiabirdresearch.org/.  Terns have been banded on both legs with
numerous combinations so a good read is important.  Your observations are abundantly valuable in
monitoring the prospecting behavior and interchange amongst Tern Populations.

Thanks

Dan

Dan Battaglia

Faculty Research Assistant

Oregon Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research
Unit

Department of Fisheries and Wildlife

Oregon State University

104 Nash Hall