[birding] hummingbird on Campus

Melody Rudenko ilovevultures at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 14:16:18 PST 2008

Hello, I usually just enjoy reading everyone else's
posts rather than posting anything myself because I'm
really not very skilled at identifying birds, but I
saw something I thought was worth noting today.  I was
walking across OSU campus and I saw a little humming
bird land in the tree above me.  I don't know what
kind because he only sat still for a few seconds and
then was off again, but he definitely brightened my
day.  Isn't it unusual to see a humming bird here this
time of year?
-Melody.