[birding] Rufous Hummer here too

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Fri Feb 29 12:28:26 PST 2008

Hi folks,

A male RUFOUS HUMMINGBIRD just showed up in our yard and has visited the
feeder a few times, also hanging out on our walnut tree. Thanks to those
who reported earlier birds, so we'd know to get the feeder scrubbed out
and refilled.

P.S. The "new" wetland across Hwy 99W from our place (in the southwest
part of E.E. Wilson) has been drawing a thousand or more CANADA/CACKLING
GEESE in recent days, which seem to be staging for migration.
Unfortunately just about every afternoon someone lets their dogs go
running loose through the area, and sends the whole flock flying. Will
let ODFW know but it's hard for them to enforce against that sort of
thing, since the people who do this are long gone by the time anyone can
get over there. Sigh, if it's not one thing it's another.