[birding] Trumpeter Swans along De Armond & Robison Rds.

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Thu Feb 28 13:16:54 PST 2008

Hi folks,

This morning 8 definite TRUMPETER SWANS were at the Cold Creek Hunting
Club property (I think that's the name) along Robison Rd. (northern
Benton Co.), being watched by another birder who I talked to briefly but
didn't get his name.

Another 40 swans that appeared to be all Trumpeters were in the spot I
mentioned a week or so ago, about 1/3 to 1/2 mile SE of the intersection
of Airlie Rd. and De Armond Rd. (southern Polk Co.). They are hard to
see since they're very far off the road and the topography isn't
favorable. The total of 48 (I'm fairly confident though I had to rely
mainly on general impression & shape for the distant flock) is the best
so far this winter.

Another flock of 12 swans (all TUNDRA SWANS) were in the field by our
old place along the Corvallis-Independence Hwy, standing right on the
county line.