[birding] Our own local gull quiz

Joel Geier joel.geier at peak.org
Wed Feb 27 06:54:59 PST 2008

Hi folks,

The upper remediation pond at Coffin Butte Landfill (a.k.a. part of
Toketie Marsh) had about 30 large-type gulls yesterday afternoon. It
seems like the flock has been rebuilding in numbers, so hopefully more
will be around today.

Some yesterday were Herring and Glaucous-winged Gulls but I couldn't
spend time to identify the whole batch, since our next-door neighbors
just had a baby and I had to hustle home to help watch their 2-yr-old &
4th grader. Definitely some interesting-looking juveniles in that bunch
(referring to the gulls, not the neighbor kids!).