[birding] Tree Swallows, W. Pond Turtles and Yellow Wood Violet

Don Boucher bouchdon at peak.org
Sun Feb 24 09:00:35 PST 2008

Hello,

This week, Albany, Tree Swallows
Coworker Bill Draper reported to me that the Tree Swallows have come back to his house to check the empty pipe that they use to nest year after year.

2-23-08, Marys River Natural Park, Corvallis (off Brooklane)
The Western Pond Turtles (4) were our  sunning themselves. Lisa found a Yellow Wood Violet blooming in the forest around Marys River. There was a Wrentit singing at the Dunawi Creek and Marys River (near Philomath Blvd & Brooklane). We saw a blond Blacktail Deer doe with two other, normally-colored does on the hillside about Marys River Natural Park.

Don Boucher
Corvallis, OR