[birding] Big flocks of American Robins

Joel Geier clearwater at peak.org
Tue Feb 19 15:29:23 PST 2008

Hi again,

Something I've been meaning to mention but keep forgetting:

Since early February, a flock of at least 2000, probably 3000 or more
AMERICAN ROBINS, has been using the fields along Wiles Rd. on the NW
side of Coffin Butte (northern Benton County). Another large flock,
though not quite as big, has been regular around Crescent Valley High
School in the later part of winter.

It seems like American Robin flocks coalesce toward the end of winter
every year. To me they're one of the most amazing birding spectacles of
our region. The flock along Wiles Rd. has at least a few robins showing
partial albinism.