[birding] Camp Adair area Trumpeter Swans, hybrid wigeon, shrike vs. blackbird, etc.

Joel Geier clearwater at peak.org
Fri Feb 15 14:58:38 PST 2008

P.S. Sorry if this sentence made no sense, I meant "peeking" ...

> I was
> able to scope the flock by peaking through a plum thicket along the
> railroad right-of-way, and came up with 34 TRUMPETER SWANS plus about
> the same number of TUNDRA SWANS.

Just to add some useful information, the previously reported family
group of 7 Trumpeters wasn't along Robison Rd. today, so I couldn't add
to this total. 34 is still a low count in comparison with previous
winters. However, the main flock might still be coalescing as they
usually do toward the end of February, just before they migrate out.

-- Joel