[birding] Chorus Frogs 'Chorus-ing': Birds start singing

Joel Geier clearwater at peak.org
Sat Feb 9 13:45:17 PST 2008

Hi Don & All,

Chorus-frogs also heard here last evening, and Becky notes that the
OSOBERRY (a.k.a. Indian plum) buds are just starting to open.

A pair of KILLDEER by the upper pond at Coffin Butte landfill (Toketie
Marsh) were paired up and acting like they do when nesting. Also a pair
of WESTERN CANADA GEESE there, which have been acting like a pair for a
couple of weeks now.

When I opened the door of our pickup to haul several months' worth of
garbage & recycling to the dump, a big fat YELLOWJACKET flew out.

Happy spring birding,