[birding] saturday field trip

rich armstrong richarmstrong at comcast.net
Thu Feb 7 17:52:24 PST 2008

1. this saturday (feb 9) is the corvallis audubon 1/2 day field trip.
2. marcia cutler & i will be leading this one as paula is busy.
3. we will me at the rose garden in avery park at 730. for any who don't know where that is - 1210 SW Avery Park Dr. will work for google map checking.
4. our plan is in general to go to south corvallis. the details depend on the weather and how many people show up which determines how many cars end up going. the worse the weather the shorter the stops and the more people we have the longer the stops.
5. places we may go include
    a. south wilamette park to check the river
    b. butterfield wetland where black phoebe has been
    c. herbert road to look for larks/pipits and maybe swans
    d. llewellyn road to check for burrowing owl
    e. bruce road for ducks, geese, shorebirds, hawks, eagles
    f. wintergreen wetlands for ducks, geese, shorebirds
6. so if you come saturday you might tell marcia & me if you really want to try for something particular.
7. we expect to be back at the rose garden by 12 noon.
Rich Armstrong
541-753-1978