[birding] FW: "Open Houses" for the Willamette Valley National Wildlife Refuge Complex

Molly Monroe monroemolly at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 4 09:21:28 PST 2008

Another reminder:

Subject:  "Open Houses" for the Willamette  Valley National Wildlife Refuge  Complex
All,  In the next few weeks we plan to hold "Open Houses" for the WillametteValley National Wildlife Refuge Complex. These "Open Houses" are anopportunity for the public to learn more about the management of Ankeny,Baskett Slough and William L. Finley refuges and of our Partners for Fishand Wildlife program for the Willamette Valley. The information that wereceive back from the public will be used to develop a 15 year plan calledthe "Comprehensive Conservation Plan". I personally invite all of you toattend these "Open Houses". Please forward this message to others that mayhave interest in these national wildlife refuges. The dates, times andlocations are: Thursday, February 7, 2008Salem First United Methodist ChurchCarrier Rooms600 State StreetSalem, Oregon3-5 pm (presentation at 3:30 pm)7-9 pm (presentation at 7:30 pm) Wednesday, February 13, 2008Corvallis Fire Station #5Walnut Community Room4950 NW Fair Oaks DriveCorvallis, Oregon3-5 pm (presentation at 3:30 pm)7-9 pm (presentation at 7:30 pm)  Background information on refuge resources and challenges is available atwww.fws.gov/willamettevalley/ccp. An internet comment form is alsoavailable at this site. The public is also invited to contact DougSpencer, Project Leader, at (541)757-7236, with thoughts and concerns.  Please excuse me if I have sent you duplicate emails concerning thesemeetings, but it is important that we receive comments from the public andall of you, so we can address you thoughts and concerns within this plan.  Thank you, Doug    Douglas G. SpencerProject Leader and Willamette Valley CoordinatorU.S. Fish and Wildlife ServiceWillamette Valley National Wildlife Refuge Complex26208 Finley Refuge RoadCorvallis, Oregon 97333-9533(541) 757-7236(541) 760-4930 Cellular(541) 757-4450 Faxdoug_spencer at fws.gov